There is a charm in traveling Europe by train and stare at the window as beautiful landscapes passed by
Traveling Europe by train is one of the most beautiful, scenic and cultural journeys in the world. Whether you are looking for direct trains between major European cities like the new London to Amsterdam train or you are looking for romantic train journeys, European train travel has it all.
The number of people interrailing through Europe annually is 400,000 people. You can visit over 30 countries using interrailing tickets. Since interrailing began in 1972, millions of people have traveled through Europe using this single rail ticket.
Traveling across Europe with a single ticket comes with its pros and cons. There are several sites online dedicated to tips for travelers who want to see Europe by train. These sites include route planner apps and websites/blogs that offer you tips on how to budget.
Traveling Europe alone
Traveling through Europe by yourself has a lot of benefits. When you are by yourself, you have complete control over your journey.
Being alone gives you the opportunity to decide your own itinerary, eat whatever food you want and avoid having an argument with other people over your journey
Such freedom can lead to more self-discovery and the opportunity to meet new people, whilst reinventing yourself. This solo experience can lead to self-growth.
having a friend with you when you travel, gives you someone to share your memories with, Which is a huge part of traveling through Europe.
- When traveling through Europe alone try to stay at hostels.
Hostels are filled with people who are solo traveling through Europe, So socialize and meet with people.
- Try to be as friendly and outgoing as you can when traveling alone and If you are an introverted person, you will need to put in extra effort to be friendly to other travelers. It can take a few days to get used to being more open and friendly, but it will be worth your time as you start to develop connections with fellow travelers.
- It is also recommended to cook meals in the hostel, which will provide more opportunities for interacting with others.
- If you are more interested in meeting locals than other travelers, then Couchsurfing could be a good option for you.
In Couchsurfing, the app includes its own meetups in bars and pubs will connect you to the local culture and is also a chance to meet expats.
- There are some European cities where there are a lot of pickpockets and other types of criminals who may be looking to take advantage of tourists, Use your own common sense and also read travel forums or other relevant information to see places and people to avoid.
To find the best prices to travel through Europe login to pages like Save a Train. They offer a large variety of options and it takes 3 minutes to complete a train ticket booking.