Paris is a highlight in Europe and probably the biggest hotspot in the continent. Known for its very high prices and shopping culture, Paris might look terrifying for budget backpackers. However, with the right guide, Paris can be a wonderful city for your eyes and a great city for your pocket.
Let me give you some tips how to save money in Paris.
- If you are traveling alone stay in dorms instead of private rooms
- If you are a more than two, check for Airbnb rentals. They have excellent choices for very cheap prices
- Avoid eating outside – Most hostels and Airbnb rentals have their own kitchen – Use it!
- Check for special discounts for Museums and Attractions – Once a month the Louvre has free admission for everyone, check when is it and plan your trip during those dates.
- In Paris is legal to drink in public. Buy a bottle of wine and enjoy a drink next to the Seine or Sacre Coeur instead of an expensive pub.
With some tips on the hand, let me also give you this chart with some of the prices you will find in Paris.
With an average of 40 – 50€ per day incluiding drinks in the night, attractions, accomodation and food; this is nothing compared with the 100 – 150€ which Lonely Planet or other travel magazines recomend.
Did you like this guide and want more? Check our Breaking Cities section and get all information you need for other cities around the world[spider_facebook id=”1″]